Greensynergy research activity is carried out through consulting projects for businesses, organizations and university partners. The following are the main research themes:
- The development of sustainability culture and its implications for sustainability practice.
- Systems thinking, and complexity theory with special focus on the concept of emergence.
- Participatory action research in community and organizational processes.
- Research interest in socio-technical systems supporting sustainable settlement and community development.
- We have a special focus on remote Indigenous community development, housing and technology processes, and lifecycles.
- Technology as an emergent human culture
- Technacy theory and how to apply it
- The role of technology in sustainability
PhD Research (Awarded 2012)
- Culture as an emergent quality of complex adaptive socio-technical systems;
- The connections between human action and emergent system qualities;
- The prospects for the emergence of a culture of sustainability; and
- The implications of emergent sustainability culture for the sustainability practitioner.